Shop Local Marketplace is a community that encourages small businesses to grow in the most creative, ethical and sustainable way we can.
The following are prohibited from being sold on Shop Local Marketplace:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia
- Any product that is a Medical Drug Claim
- Internationally Regulated Items
- Violent and Hate Items, these include: items that promote, support and/or glorify violence and hatred
- Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items and Weapons
- Any form of Pornography and Mature Content
- Any item that is made unethically
We understand that some cases may arise and cause an area of unsureness specially in a creative community. If you are unsure about an item and it may have a grey area in this policy, please contact us via email@example.com first before uploading your item.
Shop Local Marketplace respects intellectual property (IP) rights of others, we follow industries best practices and comply with intellectual property laws. Known Effects takes intellectual property infringements such as copyright and trademark concerns seriously. If you want to proceed with an IP concern, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Notices of Intellectual Property Infringement
Upon receipt of notice of intellectual property infringement Shop Local Marketplace tries its best to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. Upon removal or disabling access to infringing material, we make reasonable efforts to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, counter notification if any. Upon re
Shop Local Marketplace respects intellectual property (IP) rights of others, we follow industries best practices and comply with intellectual property laws. Known Effects takes intellectual property infringements such as copyright and trademark concerns seriously. If you want to proceed with an IP concern, contact us at email@example.com .
Notices of Intellectual Property Infringement
Upon receipt of notice of intellectual property infringement Known Effects tries its best to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. Upon removal or disabling access to infringing material, we make reasonable efforts to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, counter notification if any. Upon re
You must use a secure shipping method, with proper tracking information and confirmation of delivery. If you use such secure shipping method with tracking and it shows attempted delivery then in the event of any dispute we may respond to the dispute with the tracking information on your behalf, without even contacting you. However, you will be contacted if more information is required and you must respond within five days.
Any of the below can be the valid proof of Shipping:
- A valid tracking number showing movement to the address agreed upon in Shop Local Marketplace Conversations or to the address mentioned at the time of transaction
- A shipping service receipt or customs form with the name, complete address, or postcode, zip code of the recipient and the date of shipment
- A scanned copy of departure information
- A scanned copy of delivery forms
You are responsible for shipping Products sold to buyers. You agree to:
- Promptly ship the sold Products to buyers. You agree to ship sold Products within 30 days of purchase unless otherwise specified in your profile or agreed upon with the buyer through ‘Ask’.
- Specify shipping costs in your listings.
- Ship to the address listed on the Shop Local Marketplace receipt or sent to you by the buyer
- Provide an accurate shipping address.
- Comply with all local and international shipping and customs regulations.
- Mark the order as shipped when you ship it, When your order is marked as shipped your buyer will receive Shop Local Marketplace Shipping Notification. You should mark an order as shipped only when you actually ship an order to a buyer.
- Charge correct shipping charges. In the event your order does not reach the buyer then you will be required to provide valid proof of shipping. You should prove that the Product was shipped to the address provided by the buyer. In event buyer does not receive their product, they may file a case against your shop.
Seller is responsible for decision on shipping insurance. This is purchased when shipping your item at your post office.
Shop Local Marketplace Standards are a way in which makers, designers & manufactures conduct their business in an ethical manner. Shop Local Marketplace and our community along with other businesses are working towards a world that all workers are free from discrimination, exploitation, unethical and dishonest practices and are protected in a safe, lawful and humane working environment with security and equity.
ETHICAL EMPLOYMENT AND RESPECT
- Adequate Occupational Health & Safety conditions
- Shop Local Marketplace prohibits any form of forced, bonded or involuntary labour and child labour
- Adhere to a standard of excellence in manufacturing, understanding and knowing your manufacturing company and their Ethical and Fairtrade standards.
- Provide opportunities for professional advancement of employees by assisting them to acquire additional knowledge, training opportunities and non discriminatory employment practices.
- Sellers and/or manufacturers must conduct their business in a manner which recognises the entitlement of all individuals to be treated equitably with dignity and respect and to work in an environment free from harassment, physical and verbal abuse, threats or intimidation of any description.
- Sellers and/or manufacturers must not discriminate against workers in any manner on the grounds of gender, religion, race, caste, age, disability, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation, national or ethnic origin.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT OF OUTSIDE MANUFACTURES
- Working environment is hygienic and comply with all national health and safety laws and with the standards laid down in International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Workers must not be employed in potentially unsafe or hazardous conditions without regular adequate safety training or supervision. All work places must be well ventilated
- Work places must be comfortable, well lit work stations and all necessary safety equipment must be provided by manufacturer without charge to the employee
- Factories must have an adequate number of safe, accessible and clearly marked fire exits from all buildings
- Living accommodation, where provided, must be separate from other workplace, have must accessible and clearly marked fire exits, adequate fire alarm system. When providing living accommodation, suppliers must provide clean bathrooms, access to drinking water, and appropriate food storage facilities.
- Strictly adhere and aim to exceed national laws regarding protection and preservation of the environment
- Protect and enhance the environmental development. Known Effects does not require brands or manufacturers to be certified organic however we do encourage our sellers to consider this when building their brand. We encourage all sellers to consider and understand the environmental impact of their product throughout the production process and promote themselves with these achievements and your contribution to reducing environmental damage.
- Sellers and/or manufacturers must comply with local legislation regulating employment, hours of work and pay, including any minimum wage, allowances and benefits
- Sellers and/or manufacturers wage levels must be adequate to meet the basic needs of workers and provide a reasonable discretionary income.
- Workers must be provided with clear and understandable written information about their employment conditions before commencing work
- Workers must not be required to work excessive hours and may not ordinarily and regularly work more than 60 hours per week (including overtime).
- All workers shall be entitled to at least one day off in each 7 days’ period and overtime must be strictly voluntary and paid at a premium rate.
- Deductions from wages must be of a reasonable sum and relate to the service provided for that deduction.